Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire officers issue carbon monoxide poisoning advice

Wed, 21 Mar 2012


The Isle of Man Fire Service is issuing advice on what to do if you think there's a carbon monoxide leak in your home.

Fire crews on the Island have been called out twice recently to incidents involving carbon monoxide.

Officers say the substance can be produced by cookers, heaters, tumble dryers and hot-water heaters.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal or can cause permanent damage to a person's health.

Symptoms of poisoning include nausea, dizziness, lethargy and in extreme cases pink skin and bright red lips.

Anyone who believes they have carbon monoxide poisoning should visit their GP as soon as possible.

If you suspect an appliance is leaking carbon monoxide, the fire service says you should switch it off and open all doors and windows, and get the item checked by a professional.

 

Bookmark and Share