Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Electric blanket reminder after fire at bungalow

Mon, 26 Mar 2012


Fire officers are reminding electric blanket users of the dangers they pose following a fire in Castletown.

Crews were called to the blaze on School Hill Avenue after a fire in the bedroom in the early hours of yesterday caused heavy smoke logging in the bungalow.

The occupant wasn't hurt in the blaze, and was taken in by a charitable neighbour as their home was badly damaged by smoke.

Officers say the fire was caused by an overheated electric blanket.

Those who have electric blankets in their homes should check for fraying fabric, exposed elements, damp patches or a warn flex as these can all be signs of a faulty blanket.

Electric blankets should be tested by a professional every 3 years.

 

Bookmark and Share