Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Neighbour alerts crews to house fire

Mon, 09 Apr 2012


Fire crews were called out to a house fire in Douglas last night after a neighbour spotted flames through a kitchen window.

The occupants of the house in Oak Avenue in Pulrose weren't home at the time.

Crews entered the home just after nine o'clock to find that a ring on the stove had been left on and set fire to food stored on top of the cooker.

The Fire and Rescue Service are reminding people not to leave ovens unattended if they're in use and not to store flammable items nearby.

 

Bookmark and Share