Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire crews called out after electrical fault

Mon, 23 Jul 2012


The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service is advising people to have their electrics checked periodically following an incident in Douglas at the weekend.

Crews were called out after the smell of burning was reported at a shop in Duke Street on Friday evening.

Fire officers found that IT equipment and a light fitting had burnt out.

The fault was traced to a fuse board.

Crews says electrics should be inspected from time to time by a registered electrician and that sockets and circuits shouldn't be overloaded.

 

Bookmark and Share