Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Willaston house fire caused by 'dropped smoking materials'

Mon, 01 Oct 2012


The Fire and Rescue teams were out in force on Friday responding to a house fire with possible people trapped inside.

The call came from a neighbour who could hear the smoke alarm sounding as well as noticing smoke coming from an upstairs window of the property in Willaston.

Upon arrival crews forced entry and searched the property before confirming nobody was there.

After the fire was extinguished the building was cleared of smoke using a positive pressure fan, damaged items were also removed and the teams worked to ensure there were no remaining hot spots.

It’s thought the blaze was possibly started by dropped smoking materials.

Bookmark and Share