Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Resident rescued after smoke alarms fail

Mon, 05 Nov 2012


A Peel resident had a lucky escape this weekend after a fire in their property.

Fire crews were called to the Reayrt-ny-Cronk estate just after midnight after the person woke up to find the house full of smoke.

On their arrival firefighters found that the blaze – caused by the grill pan – had already been extinguished by a police officer who had entered the property and turned off the cooker.

The resident was treated for smoke inhalation using oxygen therapy equipment.

Isle of Man Fire and Rescue say they were lucky because not all the smoke alarms in the house were properly maintained – with one having no batteries in it.

Bookmark and Share