Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

No bus strike planned for start of school term

Thu, 03 Jan 2013


It's been confirmed that there won't be another bus strike at the start of the new school term.

There had been fears that drivers would stage another walkout on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week to coincide with children going back to school.

Drivers took industrial action in the closing days of the last term, just before the Christmas holidays, which resulted in extra drivers being drafted in and other modes of public transport being deployed.

However the Department of Community, Culture and Leisure says due to stringent legalities there is no basis for union members to strike as early as next Monday.

Chief executive Nick Black told us more:

(PLAY AUDIO BELOW)
 

Media

  • Nick Black

Bookmark and Share