Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Shopping catches fire in kitchen

Mon, 28 Jan 2013


A homeowner had a lucky escape this weekend after a bag of shopping caught fire.

Two fire crews attended the kitchen fire in Ballamaddrell in Port Erin on Saturday afternoon.

Prior to their arrival the homeowner had unsuccessfully attempted to extinguish the blaze using a damp tea towel.

Firefighters entered the smoke logged property to remove the burning materials and they were then extinguished in the garden.

No one was hurt in the incident but the Fire and Rescue Service says it is a timely reminder not to leave items near to cookers and to make sure that they are always turned off after use.

Bookmark and Share