Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Dog killed in house blaze

Fri, 05 Apr 2013


A dog was killed in a house fire in Peel yesterday afternoon.

Fire crews from Peel, Douglas and Kirk Michael were called to the property on the outskirts of Peel just before 2.30pm.

On arrival they found the house heavily smoke logged and the cause of the fire to be items left on the hob in the kitchen which had caught alight and set fire to the units and microwave.

As a result the kitchen suffered severe fire and smoke damage and the rest of the house considerable heat and smoke damage.

Firefighters found the family pet in a bedroom but sadly it died from the effects of smoke inhalation.

Bookmark and Share