Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

New bus driver ballot fails

Wed, 22 May 2013


Hopes of a last minute settlement of the bus driver dispute appear to have been dashed today.

Another offer was made this week but a ballot of drivers wasn't completed by today's deadline.

It had been hoped that a strike beginning this Saturday could be called off at the last minute.

Community, Culture and Leisure Minister Graham Cregeen says good progress was being made and at one point it looked like the offer would be accepted on the advice of local union reps.

However, he believes it was thwarted by interference from the off-island union officials.

Drivers are being re-balloted and the union has to let the department know by Friday.

Mr Cregeen says the contingency timetables put in place for the TT fortnight will still operate regardless of the result.

 

Media

  • DCCL Minister Graham Cregeen

Bookmark and Share