Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Charger sets bed on fire

Fri, 21 Jun 2013


A faulty electrical charger caused a bedroom fire in Douglas last night.

Firefighters were called to a property at White Hoe on the Old Castletown Road at 8.40pm.

On arrival they discovered a bed had gone up in flames on the first floor of the property – however the fire had already been extinguished.

The fire was caused by the charger which although disconnected had been left switched on and on the bed causing the bed sheets to ignite.

Crews spent an hour at the scene ventilating the premises. No one was injured.

Bookmark and Share