Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Buchan School evacuated following gas leak

Thu, 04 Jul 2013


A gas escape earlier this morning led to all children and staff being evacuated from the Buchan School in Casltetown.

The leak came from the medium pressure mains network which runs throughout the school grounds.

Earlier in the week marquees had been erected in the school grounds, it was only when they were being removed this morning that it was discovered one of the steel securing pins had punctured the mains.

Manx Gas has been on site all day and are confident they will have permanently resolved the situation by the end of the day.

No supplies in the area have been affected and no risk was posed to life.

If you ever think you can smell a gas leak you’re urged to call 0808 1624 444

Bookmark and Share