Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Smoke alarm reminder after pan fire

Mon, 23 Sep 2013


Fire fighters are urging people to make sure their smoke alarms are in good working order.

It follows a fire in Douglas on Friday night which was caused by a pan being left unattended on a kitchen hob.

Neighbours to the property in Ballabrooie raised the alarm just before 11.30pm after hearing the smoke alarms sounding.

Three fire appliances attended the house, which was unoccupied, and cleared the smoke.

No one was injured during the incident.

Bookmark and Share