EnergyFM News

Firefighters called to tumble dryer fire

Thu, 31 Oct 2013


Firefighters were called into action last night after a tumble dryer caught fire in Laxey.

Two appliances attended a house at 8pm after reports that a carbon monoxide alarm was sounding.

The fire had started in the utility room and was caused by an electrical fault with the machine.

Extensive damage was caused to the area and the rest of the house was also damaged by smoke.

The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service says carbon detectors are just as important as smoke detectors and should be fitted in properties which require them.

Bookmark and Share