Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Quick-thinking neighbours praised by fire crews

Tue, 24 Dec 2013


Fire fighters are praising the actions of quick-thinking neighbours after a fire at a house in Port Erin.

Crews were called out to the property in Ballahane Close yesterday afternoon when the people next door heard smoke alarms sounding.

Upon arrival, a fire was found underneath the kitchen floor.

Faulty wiring is believed to have been the cause.

Fire fighters say it’s proof that smoke alarms don’t just save lives but also mitigate damage to properties.

Bookmark and Share