Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Jaks fire caused by 'electrical failure'

Thu, 17 Apr 2014


Pub and restaurant goers were evacuated from a popular Douglas bar last night after a fire broke out.

Emergency services, and the Manx Utilities Authority, were called to Jaks on Loch Promenade – it’s believed the blaze was caused by an 'electrical failure'.

No one was injured in the incident – the business will remain closed today while a full assessment of the property is carried out during daylight hours.

The directors of Jaks have thanked the emergency response teams for their help – in a post on Facebook they say the venue could be closed for two weeks.

Bookmark and Share