Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Two taken to hospital after fire

Thu, 01 May 2014

Firefighters on scene this morning
Firefighters on scene this morning

Two people were taken to hospital this morning following a fire in a flat on Princes Street in Douglas.

Emergency services attended the scene just after 9am – the blaze was caused by a pan being left on the cooker.

Firefighters helped two men to safety where they were taken to hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation. 

The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service says this is a good example of how fire alarm systems can give an early warning – therefore saving lives and preventing widespread damage to properties.
 

Bookmark and Share