Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Kettle sparks kitchen fire in Ramsey

Wed, 07 May 2014


Get out, stay out, and call 999 – that’s the message from firefighters after a woman was taken to hospital after a kitchen fire.

It happened yesterday just before 12.30pm at a house on Claughbane Drive.

The blaze was caused by a plastic kettle being left on the hob – it ignited causing damage to the cooker and heavy smoke logging to the kitchen.

The resident was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene but was then transferred to Noble’s Hospital as a precaution. 

Bookmark and Share