Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire crews respond to Willaston house fire

Tue, 08 Jul 2014


A further example of why all households should be fitted with domestic fire alarms was demonstrated yesterday.

At around 17:20pm 2 pumping appliances were called to reports of a house fire in Willaston.

The initial call came after smoke was seen billowing from the rear of the property, and the sound of domestic alarms could be heard from inside.

There were fears upon arrival that the occupant could still be in the house, however after a thorough search using thermal imaging that fear was allayed.

The fire was caused by an unattended pan left on the hob; it was extinguished using a hose reel, with a ventilation fan then used to clear the kitchen of smoke and fumes.

The fire safety team is urging the public to ensure their alarms are fitted, regularly tested and maintained.

Bookmark and Share