Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Spar fire caused by electrical fault

Tue, 12 Aug 2014


Faulty electrics were to blame for a fire at the Spar in Port Jack in Onchan yesterday.

Firefighters were called to the shop at 3.36pm after a fault on the intake board in the store room.

It had caused a rapidly developing fire and the store was heavily smoke logged.

Manx Utilities isolated all power to the property, and neighbouring properties, until firefighters could extinguish the fire using a ventilation fan.

Crews remained in attendance until 7.30pm cutting away affected walls and ceilings and removing fire debris in order to make the premises safe.
 

Bookmark and Share