Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Firefighters tackle two kitchen fires

Mon, 15 Sep 2014


People are being urged not to leave pots and pans unattended in the kitchen following two fires on Friday night.

Firefighters were called to a house in Willaston at 7pm after a neighbour noticed a burning smell.

An unattended pan left on the kitchen hob had caused the property to become smoke logged. 

At 8pm crews from Castletown and Port Erin were called to a bungalow in Ballabeg - again the fire was found to be confined to the hob.

The occupier of the property had to be treated at the scene by paramedics for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Bookmark and Share