Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Parents urged to keep batteries away from children

Thu, 18 Sep 2014


Noble's Hospital is highlighting the dangers of button cell batteries ending up in the hands of young children.

It says it's seen several instances of the household objects becoming lodged in youngsters' throats. 

If swallowed lithium batteries react with saliva causing acid to leak which, over the course of a couple hours, could kill or severely injure a toddler.

Dave Headley is a specialist doctor in Accident and Emergency - he says it can be incredibly dangerous:

Media

  • Dave Headley

Bookmark and Share