Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Inquest hears Port Erin man had 'unhealthy interest in legal highs'

Thu, 25 Sep 2014


A coroner has ruled that a man with an 'unhealthy interest in legal highs' died from misadventure.

32-year-old James McCrae was found dead in his bedroom at his home address in Port Erin on March 25th.

At Douglas Courthouse yesterday his inquest was reconvened with his cause of death confirmed as multiple drug toxicity.

The court heard how he had a history of drug problems and assorted drug paraphernalia was found in his room.

Toxicology reports showed he had a high concentration of both morphine and the research chemical MPA in his system at the time of his death.

Police who searched his laptop and mobile phone found Mr McCrae had visited numerous websites which sold the products - with a close friend confirming he had made purchases.

Coroner John Needham described the practice of taking legal highs as an 'overtly risky business' and said anyone who does so is taking a 'grave risk'. 

Bookmark and Share