Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Unattended pan causes flat fire

Fri, 12 Dec 2014


Four fire engines were called to a flat fire yesterday which was caused by a pan being left on a stove.

Firefighters from Ramsey, Laxey, Kirk Michael and Douglas were called to Bircham Avenue in Ramsey at 12.35pm.

Members of the public had called 999 after smelling burning, hearing the fire alarm operating and seeing smoke coming from the property.

After crews forced entry the occupant was removed and treated at the scene for smoke inhalation before being taken to Noble's Hospital.

People are being reminded to be extra vigilant in the kitchen and never to leave anything unattended on the cooker. 

Bookmark and Share