Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Hairdryer responsible for Onchan house fire

Sat, 31 Jan 2015


A hairdryer was responsible for a significant house fire in Onchan this week.

The homeowner had returned to the house to find the kitchen full of thick black smoke.

An investigation established that a hairdryer had restarted itself after cooling down - eventually managing to ignite a small pile of clothes which burnt through the carpets and floorboards, igniting wooden floor joists.

Station Officer Colin Kirkham says it highlights how dangerous standard household appliances can be:

Media

  • Colin Kirkham

Bookmark and Share