Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Warning over unattended pans after fire

Fri, 10 Apr 2015


People are being warned not to leave pans unattended in the kitchen following a fire in which three people were taken to hospital.

Emergency services, including four fire engines, were called to a block of flats on Christian Road in Douglas at 2.04am yesterday morning.

A neighbour had reported seeing flames from a second floor window - firefighters forced entry and rescued two people from the flat and a third from the adjacent premises.

The fire, caused by an unattended frying pan, resulted in damage to the kitchen and left the rest of the flat heavily smoke logged.

Bookmark and Share