Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Bacon butties blamed for blaze

Tue, 05 May 2015


Firefighters were called into action yesterday after one homeowner's attempt at making bacon sandwiches.

Two appliances from Douglas attended a house on Upper Dukes Road at 1.45pm where they dealt with a small kitchen blaze.

A grill pan had been accidentally left on after use and the excess fat had ignited - the resident had begun tackling the fire themselves by throwing the pan into the garden.

However it proceeded to set fire to a small outside table which firefighters extinguished - they also isolated the power and ventilated the house.

No-one was injured.

Bookmark and Share