Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Garden work causes Gas leak

Sat, 30 May 2015


Two properties in Castletown were evacuated and the immediate area sealed off earlier today due to a Gas leak.

It happened as a resident of Stowell Place was digging holes for fence posts when he hit the gas service pipe.

Manx Gas isolated the supply and checked surrounding properties were not affected by a gas build up.

The incident caused a slight delay to the Pre-TT Classic practice session being held near to where the incident happened.

Manx Gas offer a ‘Dial before you Dig’ service for anyone undertaking excavation work. Advice will be given as to the location of any pipes in the area where work is to take place.

Bookmark and Share