Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Bouncy castle hero relives rescue as investigations continue

Fri, 24 Jul 2015


Investigations into why a bouncy castle blew into the sea with a small child on-board last week are continuing.

Six-year-old Liam Hansen was playing on the inflatable on Douglas Promenade on Saturday when it was lifted over the railings by a gust of wind.

Local man Johnny Glover was quickest to react, jumping in after him and bringing him back to safety - he's told the station he was running purely on adrenaline.

The investigation team looking into the incident is yet to report back any findings. 

Johnny says he was just doing what he expects anybody else would have done in that situation:

Media

  • Johnny Glover

Bookmark and Share