Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Chip pan fire sparks safety reminder

Sat, 01 Aug 2015


Firefighters are urging people to exercise caution when using chip pans after a fire this week.

A woman in Onchan suffered burns to her arms after her pan went up in flames.

People are being urged to never leave chip pans unattended whilst on - or fill them more than a third full of oil.

Roger Brown from the fire safety department says the general message is to use a safer alternative to make your chips:

Media

  • Roger Brown

Bookmark and Share