Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Man saved from 'near disastrous' fire

Sat, 30 Jan 2016


Fire Services saved a man from near "devastating" circumstances yesterday.

Crews attended a property in Port-E-Vullen at around 5pm after a small rubbish fire spread from the garden which was left unattended.

Fanned by high winds - it set a garage window and guttering alight close to two plastic oil tanks.

Firefighters managed to stop the fire before it reached the containers.

No-one was injured - however, chief fire officer Kevin Groom says it could have been a very different story:
 

Media

  • Chief fire officer Kevin Groom

Bookmark and Share