Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Castletown blaze prompts flue clean reminder

Tue, 16 Feb 2016


Residents are reminded to clean their chimneys and flues after a blaze in Castletown last night.

Firefighters were called to the scene of a flat roof fire in Malew Street at around 9pm.

It started in the roof void when joists caught fire from the heat of a cooker range flue in the kitchen.

The officer in charge says chimneys and flues must be regularly cleaned and inspected. 

Bookmark and Share