Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Flat fire sparks evacuation warning

Wed, 17 Aug 2016


Firefighters are urging people to have an evacuation plan in place in case of a fire at their property. 
 
It follows a flat fire in Port St Mary on Monday night - the alarm was raised at 7.30pm after a passer-by noticed thick black smoke pouring out of the top floor window. 
 
The occupants were able to get to safety although one was given oxygen therapy at the scene. 
 
The fire was confined to the kitchen and had been caused by pans being left unattended on the hob.
Bookmark and Share