Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Melted pan handle led to smoke-logged apartment

Mon, 09 Jan 2017


Fire crews were called out to a property in Douglas this morning following reports of a fire at an apartment.

Officers attended the Archers Apartments on Douglas Head Road shortly before 10am.

The incident was caused by a plastic pan handle melting onto a hob, resulting in the flat becoming smoke logged.

The owner had managed to turn the power off before crews arrived, but a neighbour needed treatment for smoke inhalation as a result of the incident.

The fire service remained at the scene for around 30 minutes.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed