Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Safety reminder issued after toaster fire

Tue, 18 Apr 2017


Fire officers are reminding the Manx public not to leave kitchen appliances unattended after being called out when a toaster caught fire.

Crews from Douglas were called to the kitchen fire in Port E Chee Avenue on Sunday morning.

The team quickly put the fire out and used fans to clear smoke, ensuring the damage was limited to the toaster and immediate surrounding area.

The fire and rescue service is urging residents not to leave such an appliance unattended and to make sure items like curtains and tea towels are kept away from their toasters to reduce the chance of a fire.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed