Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire service issues barbecue and garden fire warning

Wed, 03 May 2017


The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service is urging the public to be extra cautious when disposing of barbecues and burning garden waste during the current spell of fine weather.

The reminder follows a busy evening for fire crews around the Island last night.

Officers from Peel had to deal with a bin fire at Fenella Beach caused by a single-use barbecue, while teams from Ramsey tackled a large fire in Sulby.

Fire safety officers warn coals from barbecues can stay hot for some time after being extinguished, which can caused fires.

Meanwhile, garden waste fires should never be left unattended, and anyone planning on burning such material should contact the emergency services in advance to avoid unnecessary call outs.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed