Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire service issues cooking warning after kitchen callouts

Mon, 22 May 2017


The Island's fire service is urging members of the public to be vigilant while cooking after being called out twice to kitchen incidents.

Officers were called out on Friday afternoon following a report of smoke coming from a property in Peel as a result of a pan being left on a stove.

Crews in Douglas also had to attend a home in Saddle Road when some oil had been left in a cooker, which also resulted in smoke.

The Fire and Rescue Service says these types of incidents often result in injuries when people try to take hot pans or trays outside.

In the event of such an incident, residents are urged to switch the cooking appliance off and get everyone out of the house until the fire service can make sure it's safe.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed