Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Phone charger starts house fire

Mon, 26 Jun 2017


Fire safety officers are warning Manx residents not to leave mobile phones on charge for too long after being called to a fire.

Crews were called out in the early hours of Saturday morning after a family had been woken up by their smoke alarm.

All four people were able to get out the house and the fire burnt itself out by the time the firefighters arrived.

Officers says as many items as possible should be unplugged overnight, while phones chargers should be unplugged as soon as the battery is 100% charged.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed