Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire service called out after candle starts fire

Thu, 13 Jul 2017


The Island's fire service is urging the public not to leave candles unattended after being called to an incident at a hotel in Douglas.

Crews were called out shortly before midnight yesterday evening to reports of a blaze in a basement at a hotel on Mona Drive.

The small fire started after some clothing handing on the back of a door was set alight by a candle, but the fire led to extensive smoke logging throughout the communal areas of the building.

One person in the building needed treatment from fire officers for smoke inhalation, before being handed over the parademics.

The fire service is also highlighting the importance of having clear evacuation procedures, as several occupants failed to evacuate once the alarm sounded.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed