Latest News Headlines
On-Air Now
Listen Live
Facebook

Fire crews called out to primary school

Thu, 07 Sep 2017


Fire crews were called to one of the Island's primary schools on the first day of the new academic year.

A team from Peel Fire Station was sent to Foxdale School following reports of a smell of burning at around 4.45pm.

Officers used a thermal image camera to find the cause of the smell to be an overheated low voltage transformer in a ceiling void.

Staff from the Department of Education and Children were able to isolate the equipment while smoke logging was minimal.

Crews spent around 40 minutes at the scene.

Bookmark and Share

 

 

Subscribe to get Energy FM News direct to your mobile device

You can get Energy FM News delivered direct to your mobile device using one of the following methods.

  • In the Apple News App on iOS search for Energy FM IOM and then just add it to your favourites
  • In the Google News & Weather App just search for Energy FM and then add us as a customised section
  • If you use an RSS Reader then just add our feed to your app, click here for our news RSS feed