Wood burning stove causes fire in Port Erin

The Island's fire service is reminding those with wood burning stoves not to stack logs near their fireplaces after being called to an incident in Port Erin.

Crews were called to Ballafesson after logs stored next to a wood burning stove caught fire, resulting in heavy smoke-logging.

The fire service says such stoves or boilers must be properly installed, placed on a fire-resistant surface and inspected regularly.

Officers also warn storing combustible materials like logs next to the boiler can increase the risk of a fire.