Flat occupant treated for burns after pan fire

One person was taken to hospital for burns and another treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a flat in Douglas.

Fire crews were called out following reports of a kitchen fire in a flat above a pub in the town centre shortly before 9am yesterday.

Officers found the fire was caused by a pan of oil being left unattended, resulting in one of the occupants burning their hands trying to remove the pan from the heat.

Crews treated the burns at the scene before transferring the person to Noble's, and spent around 40 minutes at the scene ventilating the property.