Fire crews called to Hills Meadow blaze

Fire crews say a blaze at an industrial estate in Douglas was caused by precautions not being taken.

A team from Douglas fire station was dispatched to Hills Meadow Industrial Estate yesterday lunchtime.

Officers discovered a unit that was undergoing renovation had caught fire due to hot work precautions not being implemented.

Firefighters remained at the scene for around an hour, extinguishing the fire and using a thermal image camera to check for hot spots.