Phone charger starts house fire

Fire safety officers are warning Manx residents not to leave mobile phones on charge for too long after being called to a fire.

Crews were called out in the early hours of Saturday morning after a family had been woken up by their smoke alarm.

All four people were able to get out the house and the fire burnt itself out by the time the firefighters arrived.

Officers says as many items as possible should be unplugged overnight, while phones chargers should be unplugged as soon as the battery is 100% charged.