Melted pan handle led to smoke-logged apartment

Fire crews were called out to a property in Douglas this morning following reports of a fire at an apartment.

Officers attended the Archers Apartments on Douglas Head Road shortly before 10am.

The incident was caused by a plastic pan handle melting onto a hob, resulting in the flat becoming smoke logged.

The owner had managed to turn the power off before crews arrived, but a neighbour needed treatment for smoke inhalation as a result of the incident.

The fire service remained at the scene for around 30 minutes.