Steam Packet to issue further sailings update

Severe gale force winds could cause further disruption to sailings later today.

The Steam Packet Company is due to make an announcement on whether this evening's crossing to Heysham and return sailing at 2.15am will go ahead.

Earlier sailings have already been cancelled, with winds reaching severe gale force nine forecast for this evening.

Conditions are due to improve overnight, but will deteriorate again tomorrow.