Fire service urges wood burning stove owners to store wood correctly

The Island's Fire and Rescue Service is urging those with wood burners to make sure they're fitted properly and wood is stored correctly after a call-out.

Crews in the south of the Island were called to Port Erin in the early hours of yesterday morning after the living room at the house became smoke logged.

Firefighters spent 35 minutes on the scene removing wood that had been stored next the the wood burning stove and ventilating the room.

Officers warn such stoves need to be installed to the maker's instruction, and wood shouldn't be kept next to the stove.