Safety reminder issued after toaster fire

Fire officers are reminding the Manx public not to leave kitchen appliances unattended after being called out when a toaster caught fire.

Crews from Douglas were called to the kitchen fire in Port E Chee Avenue on Sunday morning.

The team quickly put the fire out and used fans to clear smoke, ensuring the damage was limited to the toaster and immediate surrounding area.

The fire and rescue service is urging residents not to leave such an appliance unattended and to make sure items like curtains and tea towels are kept away from their toasters to reduce the chance of a fire.