Faulty oven at Shoprite results in call-out for fire crews

Fire crews were called to Shoprite in Ramsey this morning after smoke was seen coming from one of the display ovens.

Firefighters from Ramsey and Douglas were called out shortly after 8am, and the store was evacuated.

Crews were able to isolate the faulty oven, which was smoking badly when they arrived, and ensure the fire hadn't spread to surrounding areas.

The teams were on the scene for around 10 minutes, and the shop was able to re-open shortly after.