Fire service issues cooking warning after kitchen callouts

The Island's fire service is urging members of the public to be vigilant while cooking after being called out twice to kitchen incidents.

Officers were called out on Friday afternoon following a report of smoke coming from a property in Peel as a result of a pan being left on a stove.

Crews in Douglas also had to attend a home in Saddle Road when some oil had been left in a cooker, which also resulted in smoke.

The Fire and Rescue Service says these types of incidents often result in injuries when people try to take hot pans or trays outside.

In the event of such an incident, residents are urged to switch the cooking appliance off and get everyone out of the house until the fire service can make sure it's safe.